Observe is a SaaS Observability product that enables businesses to investigate modern distributed applications 10x faster. Observe ingests anything with a timestamp (e.g. system and application logs, metrics, and traces), and then structures that data so that it is correlated and easy to navigate. We enable engineers to spend more time coding features and less time investigating incidents. Finally, because of Observe’s unique elastic architecture, it is priced based on usage, making it cost 10x less than incumbents.
Traditional approaches to this problem have resulted in fragmented tooling and fragile dashboards which, in turn, have resulted in exploding costs and complexity. At Observe, we believe that the core challenge lies in organizing and relating telemetry data emitted by those applications, despite the fact it is constantly changing. Solving this data problem makes observability an order of magnitude easier, faster, and less expensive. At Observe, we didn’t set out to build another monitoring tools company, we set out to build a data company. Observe is founded by top enterprise VC Sutter Hill Ventures and has a founding team from leading Enterprise SaaS companies Snowflake, Splunk, and Wavefront.
A unique opportunity to become a founding team member of our Sales organization at Observe!
Joining our growing Sales organization will help grow and accelerate your career in sales and provide you with the opportunity to think like a Founder, innovate and help fulfill our mission to provide every business with the best Observability experience possible.
Through ongoing coaching, mentoring, and enablement, you will be responsible for the full sales cycle within an assigned territory/region, learn how to engage in customer-first conversations, navigate an effective discovery conversation, and leverage our qualification methodology to progress the sales cycle and onboard our newest customers at Observe!
You will gain an understanding of the Observability landscape, our product, what really sets Observe apart, our target market, what is most important to them, and how we can help.
This role will be a growth engine critical to the company’s long-term success and will provide a bench of future sales and leadership talent to fuel the long-term growth of our company.
Day In The Life Of An Account Executive
As an Account Executive at Observe, you will be focused on helping businesses turn business data into information to make better business decisions, and uncover new opportunities for Observe to expand its current footprint. Core focus areas will include:
- Through territory planning, prioritize and identify high-potential businesses where Observe can provide the best Observability experience possible across your territory/region.
- Responsible for the full sales cycle, you will engage in customer-first conversations to proactively prospect, identify, qualify and progress your own sales pipeline.
- Ongoing collaboration with sales engineering, sales development, marketing, and product teams to develop and implement new strategies to grow our business.
- Close new business to consistently exceed monthly and quarterly business quotas.
- Focus on developing industry and product knowledge to best help our customers.
- Effectively communicate our vision, mission, and value to a technical and business audience. Leverage a multi-channel approach to engage IT and Business decision-makers to understand their goals, and how Observe can best help.
- Ongoing sales learning and professional growth through dedicated coaching and your own investment in self-development to learn the skills, knowledge, and processes to excel in your role and grow your career.
- Updating and accurately capturing lead and prospect activity in Salesforce to ensure effective lead and pipeline management.
What You Will Bring To Our Team
While we believe in building the most diverse teams across Observe, there are some common qualities that our most successful team members possess.
This role requires:
- 5+ years of sales experience
- Ability to create your own sales pipeline through SDR outbound experience
- Ability to thrive in a startup, pre-product market fit environment
- Strong qualification skills & experience in value-based selling ( (MEDDIC, Challenge Sales, Command of the Message)
- Similar sales motion/process with the ability to manage a complicated POC sales cycle
- Evidence of strong prior success (e.g. top 10 performers amongst the team, 100+% of goal achievement, Presidents club, promotions)
- Continuous, substantial, and shown success in complex sales cycles (champion building, multiple economical buyers, running successful POC’s, etc.)
- High energy and well-developed business sense
- Experience in consultative, enterprise solutions selling Observability, DevOps, or related cloud software (microservices, K8’s, and EC2 should be familiar words to you)
More About Us
Life at Observe:
We are excited to have the ability to return to the office and focus on in-person coaching and growth. To help you grow exponentially, we believe it is crucial to have the ability to be close to your mentors and coaches to quickly ramp. This position is a hybrid role. With 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home.
San Mateo’s office culture:
- 100+ people, with teams in Sales, Engineering, HR, Finance, and IT
- Regular group outings and opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- Comprehensive Health & dental insurance
- Attractive compensation package & stock
- Pension & Life Insurance
- President’s Club for outstanding performance
- Career growth & Coaching
- Free lunch twice per week
- Fully stocked kitchen & snacks